Monday, March 3, 2014

Our Epically Awful Day

Hey!

How are you all doing? Sounds like you've had a week. Congrats on making it a whole week! I hope you enjoy the Spring weather! And I hope everything goes well.

Sister Williams and I have done a bunch of tracting and a ton of trying to contact people who don't like to answer their phones or their doors. We've been working hard, so it hasn't been stressful or discouraging, but the week has blurred together in one long mesh without a whole lot of fruit. Fortunately, when we went to Branch Council we learned that the small bits of information we gathered were important bits, and they seemed fairly pleased with our work. It always feels good when Branch Council goes smoothly. 

I absolutely love Talladega. Since the moment I arrived, I felt like it was home. Spring and Winter are having their typical battle between hot and cold, but on the days when it decides to be warm and sunny, Talladega is absolutely amazing. It is remarkable what Spring weather can do for my mood. The Lord has blessed us, and the weather has been nice every time we have had to spend long amounts of time outside.

Also, I might be on youtube! Yesterday we had an epically awful day.  Branch Council was awesome, and Sacrament meeting was pretty good. Sunday School even went well (we were teaching).  On our way home from church, our tire lost its pressure (its been doing that lately), so we decided to walk to our next two appointments. After about half an hour my companion realized that it was too far to walk, so we turned around, and walked back to our apartments to get the bikes. We got the bikes and we biked down the exact same roads full of the exact same people staring awkwardly at us. After we got through with that, we got onto a slightly more desolate road. As we were biking, we saw a lady's jaw drop as she hurriedly pulled out her phone and started filming us as we biked down the road. So we may be on youtube as the crazy Mormon missionaries biking down the road. After we biked almost 5 miles, we realized that the only way to get to our appointments was to cross the free way. My companion was not exactly a huge fan of that one, so we had to turn around. Fortunately, there was an apartment complex near where we turned around, so we went tracting (when in doubt, find). Unfortunately, most of the people we talked to were not interested in the slightest. So, we biked back home to eat- thoroughly exhausted at this point. Dinner was good, but then we had to get back down to the church for a CES devotional. Once we got there, we realized that our church does not have a projector like most buildings, the library was locked so we couldn't get a TV, and no one was there to set up the devotional. Instead we sat in the main room calling Less-Actives until we remembered that the building did have a computer! The internet was incredibly slow, but eventually we heard a bit of Sister Burton's incredible talk. LoL- it was a crazy day. I'm pretty sure my prayer was "I hope some good came out of today. Thank you I'm alive. Please help me to sleep well... I'm going to bed now." But overall,  the week was good, my companion is great and the gospel is true.

I hope you all have a great day!! And a great week! Love you!


Love always,
~Sister Pratt


p.s. The pictures are of transfers and some really cute, really old houses here in Talladega.











No comments:

Post a Comment