Monday, February 24, 2014

Talladega :D

Hey Everyone!!

How are you? How is everyone going? I am SO sorry to poor Steven. That really does not sound like a fun trip, I hope he doesn't have to take any more trips to the ER. (And yes- I've seen Obamacare like you wouldn't believe... :P 50% of Alabama is on government assistance... and EVERYONE uses the hospital for EVERYTHING... :P Amazing how much my mission is informing my political views...)

Sounds like you all are doing much better than you were this time last year. :) Even with a broken arm, I'm grateful the cars were at least working, and the dishwasher, and the garage door opener. :) Congrats to Sabrina your team has improved so much, that is amazing! And Jenessa- Wowzers! Well, if anyone could handle that, I'm sure you could. You are going to make a great broadcaster. (p.s. you'll have to use subtitles, but you might enjoy this- http://mormon.org/irene. Now check out the rest of the website and become Mormon ;) And I'm sorry that Julia lost. :( Maybe next time! 

Transfers were absolutely incredible. Incredible. I didn't honestly think that I would be transfered because I didn't feel like I'd done anything in Monte Sano. They were two incredibly difficult transfers, but I didn't feel like I'd accomplished much. Fortunately it isn't my opinion that matters, but the Lord's, and he has let me know that I did what I was supposed to do. I've done my work there, and I am so grateful to be done.

The transfer meeting itself was absolutely incredible. I love seeing all of the missionaries, and seeing what has happened to them. One of the neatest things ever was talking with Sister McDougal. She has just been transfered from Vestavia, and it was great talking with her. She taught me a great lesson- one of the sweetest things about a relationship is realizing that a person cares about you just as much as you care about that person. There really isn't a better feeling. And just so you know, I really, really love you all a ton. You have helped me in so many ways, and I love you so much. I think about you almost every day, and I can't wait to come back and give each of you a hug.

I almost screamed when I saw the slide. Sister Williams is one of my really good friends from Vestavia (she served in Cahaba), and I've always thought she was an incredible missionary. Now we get to work together!!! YAY!! It still feels like a dream. I can't believe the Lord is being so good to me. I am also the designated driver, which is a huge answer to my prayers. If I am going to die on the road this transfer, at least it will be because I had control of the vehicle!!! I'm kind of done with bad drivers. Also, I am senior companion, which doesn't really mean anything except that I get to drive. I was slightly sad that I had to give up my title of eternal junior companion- :) I was honestly trying to see if I could make it my entire mission being junior companion.

Yes, I am certainly in redneck country now. :) But I think I'm going to like it a lot. Sister McDougal served here, and she absolutely LOVED it. The branch seems pretty awesome, full of good, loving people.

We've spent the past week doing a lot of tracting and visiting less actives. There are a few that I really really hope we'll be able to get back to church.
On Sunday we had our Stake conference, and it was absolutely incredible. President's letter was also really good. Yep. Life is good. I feel full of a new excitement and a new enthusiasm that I haven't had for a long time, and I am so grateful for it. :)

I hope you all have a great week!! I love you all!

Love always,

~Sister Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment