Monday, February 3, 2014

Elder Perry's Conference and "Like a Broken Vessel"

Hey!

How are you? What's up?

Honestly, I have absolutely no idea what to write... this week's been super rough in some areas, but in other areas its been better than the past two weeks... so I don't really know... But! Good points maybe?

~ Elder Perry was in Tennessee, so he did a broadcast for the Ward Councils in the south... :) And since the missionaries are supposed to be in ward council, and because it was on Hastening the Work, the missionaries were invited. It was absolutely fantastic. We also had three Seventy there- Elder Rasband, Elder Zewick, and Elder Kopischke. (I've talked with every one of the General Authorities at that meeting except Elder Zewick... it was pretty awesome.) It was an absolutely incredible meeting. The Spirit was super strong, and I learned a ton about missionary work. Elder Rasband spoke, and then Elder Perry spoke, and then they opened it up to a question and answer section. :) One of the men got up and mentioned he was the Elder's Quoroum President. Elder Perry asked how long he had been serving, he said "two years," then Elder Perry turned to the Stake President and said, "If you turn him over and within six months ask him to be a counselor in your Stake Presidency, I am going to come over and whack you over the head. We take all of the good ones, let them serve for a little while and then pull them up to the stake- and that is not right!! He needs to stay in there at least as long as his bishop is in there! They aren't really able to get their work done the way they should because we turn them all over too fast!! Keep him in there! Same for the Relief Society President, and the High Priest Group leader!! Keep them in there!!" And you know Elder Perry, he said it with just as many exclaimation marks as what I just wrote it in. :) I feel sooo bad for that poor man... He has officially been called as the eternal Elders Quorom President... And the whole time our Relief Society President was shrinking lower and lower into her seat... I think she thinks she's in for the long haul.

Also, Elder Perry shared a few very neat, very sacred experiences. It was a wonderful meeting.

~My shower head was fixed. We were getting about the same amount of water as the trailer shower... Not that I'm on a mission to look good or take long showers, but a nice, hot, pressured shower really helps me relax in the mornings. I'm grateful we now have more pressure. Now we just need to work on the "hot" part!

~I have family and friends that love me. Honestly, the other day I was having a pretty rough day, so I just sat down and read old letters from some of my favorite people. It made me feel a ton better. Thank you for those letters. 

~We had an incredible Relief Society lesson on Elder Holland's talk "Like a Broken Vessel," the Spirit was so incredibly strong the entire time. It was amazing. That evening as I was writing about it in my journal, I learned a few more things. It was really neat, and I'm pretty sure the Lord placed that lesson there just for me.

~ We have a few new investigators, and one that is showing some promise of becoming more than a new investigator. Her daughters don't really seem open, but she is very open. I pointed out that I've never heard anyone say they joined the church they did because they asked God which church to join, so for the closing prayer she asked God to show her which church to join. It was pretty neat, and a really good ending to our week.

 Well, I love you all! You are awesome and incredible! I hope you have a great week!

Love always,

~Sister Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment