Monday, February 17, 2014

Transfers!!! Also...Valentine's Day!

Hey!! 

How are you? How is life going? Guess what?!?!?! Transfers are here! And guess who is getting transferred. Yes. I was super surprised because I've only been here 3 months and President said he is going to slow down how often we are transferred. Because of interviews, I am almost certain I will be going to somewhere in the country. I guess I'll let you know on Wednesday, or Thursday, or whatever day I get to email you my address. Also, because of transfers, I need to buy some stuff. I'm really hoping not to have to buy a gps- but if $90 suddenly go missing out of my account, that is why. I'll try to keep it down. Also, I'll be sending two packages home filled with my junk. One has clothing and the shirt that you sent me for Christmas (I gave up on the hoodie, I was too cold in the morning and I wore it even though it was too small... but it was only slightly too small, so maybe I'll just buy a medium Alabama one so I have one that fits and one that encourages me to lose all the weight I've gained), so you can return that, but everything else is pretty boring. You can go ahead and just put the boxes on my shelves. In the meantime, packing is crazy! 

Did you get my Valentines? Sorry I sent them kind of late- only being able to write on Monday really messes with your perception of time. :) As if a mission didn't do that already!! I just realized that Jenessa is going to be 17 soon. That just about made me die. Don't do it Jenessa. I'm still 17, and you certainly aren't allowed to be that old! But anyways, thank you so much for your package. That really really meant a lot to me. :) Mom- the sweaters are gorgeous, comfortable and fit me perfectly. Thank you so much. :) And I read your note all the time. Steven- I LOVED your fox. Loved it, loved it, loved it. I actually hung it up in my room. I have to pack it now, but I loved seeing it every time I walked in my room.

So, the pictures:
1- I thought this sign was pretty funny. :) So I took a picture of it. The Dream Company!??! Do they make dreams come true? In that case... ;)

2- Some of our district getting together for the photo

3- Again, our District getting ready. Sister Wells is the one with the slightly confused look on her face. I don't think my camera was operating with my permission during most of this.

4- Our Zone Leader Elder Fredrickson... :) He's slightly crazy. He was my district leader back in Vestavia. 

5- Our District. LoL- Obviously it wasn't taken when I was ready... I'm going to try to find a better picture of this. The two goofballs are the Zone Leaders.

6 and 7- We removed hair from our drain... and it looks like a dead rat. It was gross.


8-10 SNOW!!!! Yes we got snow!!! This is actually the day after at about 1:00 outside of our duplex. But, proof that Alabama gets snow. We weren't allowed to drive, we live outside of our area (the only way to get into our area is over the mountain on the two highways... not exactly bike-able), and no one was willing to drive us, so it created a slightly awkward situation. We just ended up calling people from out apartment and doing a bunch of phone lessons. The next day we weren't sure about driving, so instead we shoveled people's driveways.



11-12 We went out to eat with Sister Lo and Sister Bringhurst to celebrate a) Valentine's Day b) Sister Bringhurst's 10 month mark c) My 9 month mark d) Sister Wells and Sister Lo being in the district for a whole transfer and e) Who really needs a reason to celebrate!? But it was great! We had a wonderful time talking about our areas and our parents and all of the eternal family type of Valentines day stuff. ;) It was wonderful. 



The Pictures from this email: Zone Conference with Sister Bringhurst and Sister Lo. 

Well, I have to go. I love you all tons! Good luck with everything!

Love always,

Sister Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment