Hey!
Sorry today's email is rather late and rather short. :) We went shopping, out to eat and grocery shopping with a member. It was awesome! It was shopping at a thrift store, so hopefully I didn't spend too much. I did get a really cute dress, but it is a mite too small for a mission, so I'll just have to send it home.
I have about 5 min to write. Fortunately its been a rather boring week. Sister Williams was bit by a dog. Here is her take on it:
Oh what an interesting week. I got to talk with the Police again, but this time in Talladega and for a good reason. Meaning they weren't talking to us to get mad at us or ask us what we were doing. They were filling out a report because I got bit by a dog as Sister Pratt and I were biking to go see Wanda. We have walked down that street before and had dogs come out to the street and bark at us and then the owner will call them back. But this time we were riding and a new dog came out, and of course the owner doesn't call at them when he first sees us biking by. He waits until the dog is chasing after us on the other side of the street, and after he bites me. I blame it all on Sister Pratt :) she said she started praying that it would leave her alone, and it did. It came after me, and bit me. She told me, "you know how to pray, so it's not my fault". But I didn't think that it would bite me. I have never had a problem with dogs not liking me before. Until now. After it bit me I continued biking, not stopping to see if the dog broke skin, because it didn't really feel like it had. We got to Wanda's and it looked, and it had broke skin. I wasn't bleeding really bad, but figured I should clean it. So we walked over to Sister Lynd's house and asked if she had any antibiotic cream. She said she did, and started to get it for us, then when I told her it was because I got bit by a dog...her face, she was so shocked. She told us we needed to go to the doctor and call animal control. So we called Sister Jones, and told her that we had cleaned it with alcohol and asked if we needed to do anything else. She told us the same thing Sister Lynd did. That we needed to go to the urgent care and have it looked at, and also that we needed to call animal control. Well we called animal control, but it was after hours so they said they would send a police officer down to meet us at the urgent care and do a report. We got to urgent care and it was closed :/ Then we had to sit there and wait for the cop to show up. All of a sudden we hear the siren of an ambulance go off. Sister Pratt and I always joke that it is coming for us. Well, this time it really was coming for us. They sent an ambulance to us. That was awkward. They asked if I was going to ride with them, I said no. So then I got to fill out a form saying that I wasn't going with them. The police officer asked me a few questions about the accident and then said he would make sure it was taken care of. Well, that happened on Wednesday. It is now Monday and I found out that apparently Animal control did not get any information about it, so I get to call up the police department and see what is up with that. For now I am on an antibiotic twice a day for 14 days, and I get to go back to the doctor if it doesn't start looking better by then.
I would like to point out a) she knows perfectly well how to pray! I know she does- she's done it dozens of times before. :) b) I did pray for her... after she was bitten. That's why she didn't get bitten twice.
Wednesday we have transfers. I'm staying, but Sister Williams is leaving me. I'll miss her terribly. She's a great companion.
Well, I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for all you do!
Love always,
~Sister Pratt
No comments:
Post a Comment