Monday, March 24, 2014

Exchanges, LA's and Obedience... P.s. I LOVE Talladega

Hey!

How are you all doing? Congrats to Dad! That should be a lot of fun. I'll be praying for Grandpa- praying really hard. Wow. That is rather scary. Of course heaven just isn't quite ready for him.

:) Sorry, this week's letter is rather rambly... But- it is still here!

This week feels like it has been a pretty slow week. LoL- Pretty sharp contrast from last week, but when I really think about it, it has been a pretty full week. This week we went on exchanges, had the temple trip, did a ton of service and gave talks in church. 

Exchanges were great. Sister Lewis is an amazing missionary, and a great Sister Training Leader. She is very real- which is something that a lot of sisters, particularly Sister Training Leaders seem to lose. It was very refreshing just to be around her.

It was kind of funny- we've been out the same amount of time, but people would ask us how long we've been out, and I would say 9 months, but she would say 10 months. I think I'm at the point I've really lost track of how long I've been out. Unfortunately, this past transfer has flown by. Hopefully the rest will slow down just a bit- I'm still a new missionary!

LoL- I also fell in love with the area. If I ever end up working in Leeds, I would be a very happy sister. Actually, I really just think that anywhere in the Birmingham stake would be great. I love the Birmingham area so much. It is amazing.

We had three Less-Active families at church, and a few families that came for the first time since the boundary change. :) Our primary went from 6 kids (5 of them from the same family) to 16. The Primary President was so happy!! The feeling in sacrament meeting was incredibly special and tender. It was a little rag tagged- a lot of the congregation was in jeans- but they were there! And Nobody cared! Everyone was just super excited to see them. It was beautiful. I love Talladega so much, and I love that branch so much. It is incredible. I would honestly be okay if President left me here until I died.

My talk was on obedience, which was a topic I thought A LOT about in Monte Sano. It was really nice, because for the first time in FOREVER!!! I was actually able to write the talk out, and I didn't have to wait until I got to the pulpit for inspiration. Besides the times I wanted to strangle each and every scripture that talked about obedience, it was pretty fun to prepare for.

Well, that's just about it. I hope you have a great week! I love you all!!

Steadfast in Christ!


~Sister Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment