Hey!!
How is life?!?! How is everything going?
This past week has been kinda crazy. Its been rather rough, but we keep trudging through it.Three good things that happened this week-
#1- Women's Conference- We had an absolutely incredible women's conference. It was amazing. Wendy Ulritch was the guest speaker- she's an LDS psychologist who apparently is also part of the group that wrote the "Adjusting to Missionary Life" handbook. (WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!) The conference was about how to be happy, and it was the most refreshing thing ever. Emotionally, spiritually, socially, it was fantastic. Best of all was a lunch we were able to have with her where we talked about some of the emotional difficulties of a mission. Absolutely loved it. Took great notes, so hopefully I'll be able to review them often.
#2- Sister Todd- We had a really neat moment on Friday when we went to go visit a less-active woman. She's more of the type that doesn't come to church because her health is so poor than one who decides not to come to church, but the ward asked us to continue checking up on her. Apparently her daughter recently passed away, and she was having a rather difficult time with it. Almost as soon as we walked in there, I felt impressed to share 3 Nephi 9. It was really neat because I could feel the Spirit so strongly testifying of Jesus Christs' love for her, and how much he cared about her. Afterwards, the Spirit was still really strong, and she offered us dinner we had already had dinner so we declined. Slight mistake, I could see her get really sad. So then I told her how much her testimony had meant to me that evening, and how neat it was to feel her spirit and I just thanked her for everything she had done for me that evening. It was really neat because I was able to see a huge light go on in her eyes, she felt so good after that. Sometimes serving other people really is as simple as allowing them to serve us.
#3- Exchanges- I was able to go on exchanges with Sister Schwendiman, one of my favorite sisters ever. She's the person I might room with next semester. We had a great time talking and preaching the gospel together. I absolutely love talking to her. It just makes the world feel awesome. Seriously, good friendships. Nothing can replace them.
I'm trying so hard to keep pushing valiantly to the end. Weeks like this week and the past week make it SUPER hard to keep pushing. When we're at Wal-mart at 8:00 for the 5th day in a row trying to find someone to teach, I can't even begin to explain how difficult it is not to think, "Just 4 more weeks of this and I'll be done." Hopefully things will begin to pick up soon. I don't know what exactly the Lord has planned for this next little bit, but I certainly hope it will be good.
I love you all!! Hope you have a great week!
Love always,
Sister Pratt
No comments:
Post a Comment