Hey Everyone!!
What a week! What a week! Its been up, and its been down. The investigators have been down. None of them have been progressing despite some rather bold lessons. The ups have been the Lord. Fortunately He doesn't judge me on other people's agency, and despite my imperfections He has been very loving and very generous. The tender mercies of the Lord are real, and they often come to me in the form of personal revelation. General Conference was one of those moments. It was absolutely incredible.
This week we worked ourselves to pieces trying to get our investigators to come to General Conference. I was practically on my knees pleading with a few of them to come. But none of them would commit. None of them!! It was rather frustrating, but we continued pleading with the Lord. (He's MUCH more reliable than many of our investigators...) Well, in answer to our prayers one of the ward members who was planning on hosting an investigator called and mentioned a young woman we'd done service with. We hadn't even taught her the first lesson or talked much about religion, mostly just served with her, but we asked and Viola! she accepted. It was absolutely incredible. She came for Sunday morning and it was great! I am so grateful for ward members that are in tune with the Spirit to direct us in places we weren't even looking. It was total inspiration.
Conference was absolutely incredible. Absolutely incredible. With the exception of the session when we had Caitlyn, every single talk answered a question or concern that I had written down. Recently I have felt the Lord working with me so closely and so powerfully. It has been an absolutely incredible experience. During conference I received a lot of direct revelation and my prayers have been the same way. I just feel so much power suddenly- not my power, but the power of the Lord. Its amazing.
Highlight of my week- I received a letter from Andy telling my his 1 year mark was coming up and he was preparing to receive the Priesthood and go through the temple. I'm pretty sure that one moment made my entire mission worth it.
In General Conference Elder Scott said that family home evening is a time to share our testimonies in a safe environment. Since I can't be near you, but I know you read these in family home evening, I wanted to share my testimony. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. He is our friend and He is our King. His invitation to follow him is an invitation to become the best we can become. Because of him we can live together. Because of him we can change, we can leave the "same old, same old" ruts of life. He has made the way possible. The Book of Mormon testifies of Jesus Christ and His role in our salvation. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. With it comes great power and happiness. Read it, read it on your own and pray about it. I know that the Lord will bless you and help you in ever aspect of your life as you read and pray about the Book of Mormon. I know that God is an active part of our lives. He watches over us and he cares for us. He is with us, and if we will let him, He will be a part of us. Read the Book of Mormon, come to unto Christ and get to know your Father in Heaven. These things are the most important. They bring peace, they bring power and they bring salvation. I know them to be true.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
I love you all bunches.
Love always,
Sister Pratt
No comments:
Post a Comment