Whew!!! What a week! On the one hand we've had a very rough week, appointments canceled, people running away every time we try to contact them, driving a bunch of miles, feeling like heaven was super far away, the whole nine yards. On the other hand, we had a baptism, it actually went through and it was one of the most spiritual baptisms I've been at. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that we had so much opposition. Nonetheless, I am grateful to have this week over with, and hopefully this next week we'll be able to have her husband's baptism without so much opposition.
The baptism was a rather incredible experience. Its amazing how quickly conversion can happen. Last week on Friday we went to visit her, and the lesson was a complete disaster. She wasn't interested in anything we had to say, she wasn't repentant at all- wanted to be baptized, but it seemed to be for all the wrong reasons. To top it off she didn't come to church that week and we couldn't get a hold of her until Thursday. I was not confident that she was actually going to be ready for her baptism.
On Thursday we finally were able to set up an appointment with her, and I prayed desperately for wisdom beyond my capacity to know if she would be ready or not. When we got there, the Spirit was so incredibly strong. As we talked, it was very apparent that something had changed. She told us about some talks she had with her daughter (who is an active member) and son in law, where they talked about how she didn't actually have the Spirit with her. At that point I think she realized that something was actually missing. Once she was able to admit to herself that she didn't have something, then she opened herself up to Christ and He was able to fill that gap. She was able to be converted. It was a neat process to watch.
We had her baptism on Sunday, and it was a great experience. Her confirmation will take place next Sunday because of Stake Conference. Hopefully it will be just as neat.
We also had a CRAZY bit of wind on Monday. It was absolutely COMPLETELY CRAZY!! Wind speeds were 60-70 mph, and they blew over quite a few trees. I woke up that morning at 5:42 thinking there was a tornado, turns out it was just a train. :) But it gave Sister Harris and I a good bit to laugh about.
Well, we've got a crazy p-day planned and I have yet to send my email to President. We might come back, in which case I might add onto my letter, but for now, I bid the aideu!!
Love always,
Sister Pratt
No comments:
Post a Comment