Monday, September 1, 2014

Becoming MORE Righteous

Hey all y'all!! 

How are things going? :) I hope they're going pretty well. I hope the storytelling festival was absolutely incredible. Sounds like everyone had a pretty good time. And I'm glad everyone is still alive. And Mom- you always do a beautiful job of telling stories. :) I always love your stories. Although, I don't remember the one about the green chevy or the blue chevy... You'll have to fill me in on those. But I do love your Rapunzel story. Haha. You always add a good flavor to those.

Sorry about my lack of letter this past week, I sent you a longer one snail mail style, although it probably won't get to you for another few days. It was a pretty crazy Monday!! Oh the joys of missionary life!

This week was a pretty good week. 

We had an awesome experience. We were talking to a lady and her son pulled up. He started talking to us, and Oh boy! He is GOLDEN!!! He just started asking questions, and they were all amazing questions. It was absolutely incredible. I absolutely love it when I come across people with questions. Questions we can answer, or at the very least give you the tools to answer them. Stupidity we can't do anything about.

The Mini-MTC class starts on Wednesday, and I am SUPER excited about it. I'll let you know how it goes. Prayers would be VERY much appreciated!

So... Two spiritual thoughts for this week:
1) I've been reading in the Book of Mormon where Christ comes to the Americas, and I have been absolutely loving it. If you would really like a clear cut sermon on the Atonement of Christ, read the 1-2 chapters before Christ actually comes. I've been learning SO much, and loving SO much- most of it stuff that I didn't really notice before. 

It was interesting to me how Christ is calling those who are "more righteous" to repentance. I think that's something that the people in the South don't really understand. God doesn't call us to repentance because we are horrible wicked sinners. He calls us to repentance because he wants us to come closer to Him. No matter where you are in your spiritual journey, you can always progress. I also love how much Christ talks about healing. Healing comes through the Atonement of Christ. Healing also comes as we become converted and apply the Atonement. As we are converted, we are healed from the mistakes we've made, and also the mistakes that others make. So, no matter who you are, if you need healing (and I'd wager a guess we all need healing from some wound or another), you can come unto Christ to be converted and healed. Even if you are one of the "more righteous," coming unto Christ and being healed by him is a constant process, and so is conversion. It is incredible. Read 3 Nephi 10 and think about how you can better apply the Atonement to your life. It will change your life. It is amazing.

2) I absolutely love this new mormon message video. http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=3701964025001
I how you can see the small, incremental changes that happen over the course of this man's life. They were just small things, like hearing how to fast, talking to a friend, going to a picnic. God gives us so many little events in our life that lead us to him. Just like he said, it IS part of our human condition to feel like we are surrounded by darkness at times. Remember, the fog in Lehi's dream surrounded the rod- it didn't shy away from those who were diligently working towards the tree. Sometimes we will feel confused, or have a difficult time. The important thing is pushing forward with what light we DO have. You have been given the light of the restored gospel. That doesn't mean that you've been given the instant solutions to all of life's problems, but I do know that because of it, you will feel the light of God's love. He IS directing you. He IS guiding you. You just have to keep trusting in him and following the light you have been given. God will take care of you. (For additional study, read 3 Nephi 10- after three days of darkness, the people are prepared to receive "great favors shown unto them." Actually, I would just LOVE to do a Book of Mormon study on light and darkness. The symbolism is just so incredible.)

Anyway, that is my week. I hope you all have a great week!! You are amazing. I love you all so much. 


~Steadfast in Christ

p.s. A Southern Halloween. .. :) Nothing says Trick-or-Treat like a singing, banjo playing skeleton.


No comments:

Post a Comment