Hey!
Thank you so much for your letters. I'm pretty excited to read them. I've been wanting to hear about the spiritual experiences you've been having lately, and now I get my chance.
This week was pretty good. I got to go on exchanges, and we had interviews with President. Sister McDougal is my STL, so I got to go with her. It was absolutely incredible. :) I loved just talking to her about everything. We fell right back into our old companionship- it was awesome. Well... except I didn't know anything about the area. It really was a tender mercy. I learned some things on that exchange that will certainly help me in the future. I am so grateful for the Lord helping me like that.
Apparently there were quite a few miracles that also happened in Cullman while I was gone. I'm grateful for that. The Lord really works miracles.
The interviews were great. As always, the hardest part of interviews are the two weeks before hand, and the week afterwards. Every time we have interviews come up, I spend the two weeks beforehand mentally thinking over EVERYTHING he could POSSIBLY ask me. It drives me crazy!!! But I learn a lot about myself, my area and my companion as I do it. Of course, he NEVER asks me ANY of the questions I've mentally answered, but that means that I get to spend the next week turning over exactly what he said, how I can improve and what I need to do. Haha- I'm willing to bet no other missionary spends this much energy over interviews... but I'm also thoroughly convinced that I think, or at least analyze about 3x as much as the average person.
Also that day we had a great district meeting. Four of us had birthdays in the month, so we celebrated with better than anything cake, and my companion bought me a shirt that says "Hogwarts Alumni." It was so sweet, and made my day. The cake itself was also pretty good.
The Lord blessed us with a surprise on Sunday. One of the eternigators brought a friend to church, and we met with her after church. She told us that she felt at home, and wants to look into joining the church. We set a baptismal date and she is REALLY excited to read the Book of Mormon. Once again, the Lord blessed us for doing something else completely unrelated. It seems to be one of the themes of my mission, but I guess it helps me recognize that it really is the Lord who does everything.
Overall its been a pretty good week. I'm glad to have lived it. I hope you all have a great week as well.
Love always,
Sister Pratt
~Steadfast in Christ
No comments:
Post a Comment