Monday, November 11, 2013

The Lord's Direction and Progressing Investigators

Hey Everyone!!

:) It is great to hear from everyone. Sounds like you are having a busy and fun week.

This week has been an incredible week. We were able to commit 2 1/2 people to baptism, (Our 1/2 has committed to baptism, but not to a date.) and get 6 of our investigators to finally start progressing. Mostly I think Sister McDougal and I got sick of people not progressing, so we got super bold with everyone. Something must have clicked because 6 of our investigators suddenly started progressing.

Saturday we were able to go on exchanges, and it was absolutely fantastic. Sister Isaak is probably one of my favorite people ever, and it was great to spend all day with her. At first it was rather stressful because although our week had been completely full with appointments, we were not able to find any appointments for Saturday. I prayed and prayed that we would be able to find something worthwhile to do during exchanges, and sure enough, the Lord answered my prayers. Appointments just started popping up out of nowhere, and somehow our planner went from completely empty to completely full. It was beautiful.

This week in particular it has been neat to watch the Lord direct our work. We've had several opportunities where we arrived at someone's house just as they needed help. The Lord directed so much of our schedule, and it was beautiful to see that. Last week we were talking with a member about how our schedule, as much as we would like it to be set, is completely unpredictable. She said, "That is because you have signed yourselves up to be tools. Now that you are the Lord's tools, he can do whatever he wants with you, and you have to go and do it." Some weeks it seems like nothing is going well and we aren't receiving any help from Heaven, and some weeks it seems like the Lord decides that it is time to pick us up and direct us. I am so grateful when the Lord gives us weeks where everything goes well, where people start progressing, and where I feel like I am a true tool in his hand.
As for the holidays, I have been given absolutely no advice. I've been here for 4 transfers, so part of me says I'm going somewhere else this next transfer. The rest of me says that I'm going to be here the rest of my mission... I guess I'll just have to email you when I find out, but either way, transfers are the day before Thanksgiving. Super awkward.

I'm not entirely sure where we will go (as far as members homes) for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I'm really not entirely sure who I would ask. Missionary work is ridiculously awkward, especially when it comes to working with members. I always feel like I am asking them to do things that are super out of their way. Either that, or I'm inviting myself over to their house... which is super awkward. *Sigh* Oh well. Our ward mission leader decided on Sunday that he was going to put together a dinner calendar, so hopefully that will help us get into their homes without intruding or inviting ourselves. And hopefully we'll be able to figure something out for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Well, I love you all! Hope you have a fantastic week. :) Enjoy your candy. Stay Steadfast in Christ!

~Sister Pratt



p.s. The following are pictures from Halloween or the evening before. We had a great ward party.







No comments:

Post a Comment